The main objective of this session is to create awareness of ethical issues in business and to ensure that you always know the ethical course of action to take on the job. By the time this session is over, you should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of business ethics;
- Understand the requirement of the law and our ethics policy;
- Identify ethical problems on the job; and
Make ethical decisions.
Why “Business Ethics—What Employees Need to Know” Matters:
- Ethical conduct is important because it not only involves doing what is right and proper, but it’s also good for business. Ethical conduct is the basis for long-term success in any organization.
- Ethical conduct promotes a strong public image for the organization. People respect an organization that makes ethical choices. Customers like doing business with an organization they can trust.
- Ethical decision making and conduct is required of every employee.
- Make sure you understand and follow our ethics policy at all times.
- Examine your actions and decisions carefully and look for ethical issues.
- If something doesn’t feel like it’s the right thing to do, it probably isn’t.
- Consult with your boss any time you think you may have an ethical problem.