The objective of this training session is to prepare you to deal with campus disasters and other emergencies. At the end of the training session, you will be able to identify different types of campus disasters, understand the requirements of your emergency response plan, effectively carry out emergency response assignments, and evacuate quickly and safely in an emergency.
Why “Campus Emergency and Evacuation Plans” Matters:
- The government requires us to have a comprehensive written emergency action plan to deal with all types of disasters that might occur on campus.
- The emergency plan outlines emergency escape procedures and emergency escape routes for all departments and all employees.
- The plan spells out the procedures to be followed by employees who remain in the fire zone to perform critical operations or shutdown operations before the area is completely evacuated.
- The plan also details procedures for accounting for you and your coworkers outside the fire zone after the emergency evacuation has been completed.
- Our emergency plan also outlines rescue and medical duties for those employees who are designated to perform these vital emergency response tasks.
- The plan specifies how to report fires and other emergencies.
- It also lists the names and job titles of the people or departments to be contacted for further information or explanation of duties under the plan.
- Any emergency can arise without warning.
- The best response is good preparation.
- Stay calm and don’t panic.
- Follow all procedures exactly as rehearsed.
- Have an emergency supplies kit handy wherever you go.