The main objective of this session is to help you communicate effectively with your boss and senior management. By the time the session is over, you should be able to:
- Communicate effectively with management so that your needs, views, and concerns are heard;
- Identify the needs and goals of your boss and senior management;
- Provide management with the information and advice it needs to make good decisions and solve problems;
- Plan your communications so that they are timely and well received; and
- Position yourself as a partner with your boss and senior management.
Why “Communicating Up: How to Talk to High-Level Management” Matters:
Your relationships with your boss and other senior managers are extremely important. And those relationships are based on effective communication. Learning how to communicate up the organizational ladder effectively, therefore, will help you maintain a successful partnership with higher-level management and assist you in fulfilling your work duties.
- Communicating information upward is an important part of your job.
- You must be able to effectively communicate your needs and concerns.
- You must also be able to communicate information that addresses the needs and concerns of your boss and senior management.
- Communicating up effectively positions you as a partner with higher-level management.
- Your success as a supervisor depends on effective two-way communication with management.