This course helps managers and supervisors deal with the challenge of change—something that no organization or supervisor can avoid. The objective of this training session is to help trainees understand how to manage change in their departments and work groups to help your employees cope—and even thrive—in a changing work environment. At the end of the training session, your managers and supervisors will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of workplace change;
- Identify reasons why employees resist change;
- Understand how you can overcome resistance to change; and
- Learn how to successfully implement change.
Why “Dealing with Change: How Supervisors Can Help” Matters:
Organizations that do not embrace and manage change in the 21st century’s global economy cannot remain competitive.
Most employees are somewhat uncomfortable with change. Change brings uncertainty. The future is out of their control. Change involves a loss of the comfortable and the familiar, and it requires that an effort be made—sometimes a considerable effort—to learn and adjust to a new way of doing things.
That’s why it’s critical that workplaces understand the factors that drive change, how people react to it, and how to manage it successfully.
The many key points discussed in this course include:
- The nature of change and the challenges presented by it.
- The importance of resilience in the face of change.
- Resistance to change and how to overcome it.
- Steps in dealing effectively with workplace change.
- Evaluating the change process.
- Change is inevitable.
- Change is continual.
- Change is often difficult.
- Change presents opportunities.
- Those who manage change well will succeed.
- You need to understand the steps that will help you implement change successfully.