Before imposing discipline on an employee—stop, settle down, talk to Human Resources, and have a plan of action. Employee discipline is an area laden with legal danger and requires the utmost care. Learn more in this online training session.
Why “Discipline” Matters:
Here are some reasons why we are conducting this class. The effective use of progressive discipline offers you, your employees, and the organization several important benefits. Progressive discipline:
- Establishes expectations and predictability
- Applies consequences fairly and consistently
- Corrects inappropriate behavior and poor performance
- Helps rehabilitate employees with potential
- Protects against complaints and lawsuits
- Steps in progressive discipline: oral warning, written warning, suspension, and termination.
- Be consistent and follow company policy.
- Help employees correct discipline problems.
- Protect yourself and the organization by documenting disciplinary actions.