Communication is the process by which people create and share information and ideas with one another in order to reach mutual understanding and get things done. Effective communication is the foundation of positive and cooperative working relationships. Managers and supervisors have positions as leaders in their workplace and need to be able to communicate effectively with employees, colleagues, and upper management. The objective of this training session is to help managers and supervisors build more effective communication skills. At the end of the training session, trainees will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of effective workplace communication;
- Recognize obstacles to effective communication;
- Improve their communication skills; and
- Manage all their workplace communications more effectively.
Why “Effective Communication for Supervisors” Matters:
The myriad of benefits of effective communication include:
Improves flow of information;
Ensures accountability; and
Provides greater consistency.
- Effective communication is the foundation of positive working relationships.
- Successful communication requires you to think about your message, delivery, timing, and audience.
- Good communication is interactive—you speak and you listen.
- Improving your communication skills will make you a better leader.