This course helps trainees with the following concepts:
- A better understanding of the concept of motivation—this means more than just knowing a definition. It also entails knowing some of the qualities of motivation and thinking about how motivation relates to the health of your workplace.
- What motivates your employees—again, this may be more complex than it initially seems because people are motivated by different factors. We discuss many of these factors.
- Techniques to help you obtain peak performance from your employees.
- Ways you can encourage your employees to grow and reach their highest potential. This benefits both your workplace and the employee.
Course Duration: 21 minutes
Why “Motivating Employees: Tips and Tactics for Supervisors” Matters:
- A motivated workforce is important, perhaps even essential, to the success of a business or any other enterprise.
- Your workplace may offer a revolutionary product or a service people desperately need or you may lack real competition and have plenty of working capital on hand, but without employees who care about the organization and take a vested interest in their own performance, your success is far from assured.
- Managers and supervisors can foster motivation among employees simply by understanding the nature of motivation and using tested techniques designed to motivate.
The key points trainees learn in this course include:
- Understanding motivation;
- The importance of learning more about your employees;
- New motivational techniques to employ; and
- How motivation serves your employees well while also strengthening your workplace.