The main objective of this session is to discuss office hazards and the safety precautions you need to take to prevent accidents and injuries. By the time this session is over, you should be able to: recognize office hazards, know what to do in emergencies; take proper precautions to avoid accidents; reduce ergonomic risk factors; use proper lifting techniques; and manage stress effectively.
Why “Office Hazards (Multimedia)” Matters:
Depending on where your office is, you could face anything from fires to natural disasters—the key to survival is being prepared.
Knowing proper emergency evacuation procedures is crucial.
Hazards range from slips, trips, and falls to musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), and it’s important to recognize and avoid common hazards that can be encountered in an office setting.
- Offices have more hazards than most people think.
- Keep alert to hazards and take precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Know how to respond to emergencies.
- Reduce exposure to ergonomic risk factors.
- Recognize symptoms of stress and take steps to manage it effectively.