In the healthcare field, where decisions have a direct impact on the lives of your patients, conducting performance evaluations is one of the most valuable tools you can use to not only track your staff’s competence but also to help them grow and develop as great employees. In this session, we’ll discuss how to prepare for your staff’s performance evaluations and how to measure their performance. You’ll also learn how to conduct an evaluation meeting and how to handle employee performance moving forward.
Why “Performance Evaluations for Healthcare Workers” Matters:
- They are an essential tool to providing feedback and clearly defining goals for your staff members.
- They help direct training and development needs.
- They help identify your best employees who are targeted for bigger and better things.
- They help pinpoint areas of needed improvement.
- They provide legal protection by providing documentation.
- In the healthcare field, performance evaluations are one of the most valuable tools you can use to track your staff’s competence.
- Performance evaluations help create a system of motivation and recognition based on performance.
- Always give balanced feedback—focusing not only on strengths but also on weaknesses.
- Your staff members must be active participants in their own evaluations.
- Always do your best to remain objective!