This presentation will train workers in general industry workplaces exposed to fall hazards from unprotected sides or edges 4 feet or more above a lower level to identify these hazards and to properly use the appropriate personal fall protection systems when needed. By the end of the training session, employees will be able to recognize fall hazards; identify the correct fall hazard controls for each situation; inspect, install, disassemble, and maintain personal fall protection systems; and correctly use personal fall protection systems.
Why “Personal Fall Protection Systems in General Industry (PFPS): What Employees Need to Know” Matters:
- Falls are among the top causes of fatalities and serious injuries in general industry.
- If you are exposed to falls of 4 feet or greater from a higher to a lower level, on to dangerous equipment at any height, and falling object hazards, you have to be provided with fall protection.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognize fall hazards and identify when fall protection is needed in your work area;
- Describe and choose the correct fall hazard controls for each situation;
- Inspect, install, disassemble, and maintain personal fall protection systems;
- Correctly use all personal fall protection systems, or PFPS, including guardrails, travel restraint systems, or TRS, and positioning systems;
- Understand the importance of a prompt rescue after a fall; and
- Prevent objects from falling.