The main objective of this session is to talk about powered platform safety features and procedures. By the time this session is over, you should be able to identify powered platform components, recognize platform safety features, understand inspection requirements, use personal fall arrest systems properly, follow safe work practices, and act effectively in an emergency.
Why “Powered Platform Safety—Spanish” Matters:
Building owners must certify that powered platforms meet U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) design and safety standards.
Before equipment can be used and after any alteration, the building owner must make sure that the platform is tested and inspected.
You must know how to report emergencies.
- Learn about powered platform hazards and safety features.
- Inspect equipment before each use.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Use the personal fall arrest system.
- Learn emergency procedures.