By the time the session is over, you should be able to recognize respiratory hazards in your job; identify and use appropriate respiratory protection; get a good, safe fit when using a respirator; and inspect, maintain, and store respirators properly. Duration 17 minutes.
Why “Respiratory Protection for Healthcare Workers” Matters:
Fumes, vapor, gas, or certain particulates in the air your staff breathes on the job could be hazardous to health. In some cases, biological agents such as bacteria can be harmful, so proper training in respiratory protection is crucial.
- Understand the hazards of dangerous airborne substances in your work area and in the tasks you perform.
- Always choose the right respirator for the hazards you face.
- Know how to properly fit, use, inspect, clean, and store respirators.
- Inspect respirators before each use.
- And finally, report any problems with respirators immediately—never use a defective respirator.