The main goal of this session is to help you understand the importance of diversity in the workplace and how you can support it for everyone’s benefit. By the end of the session, you should be able to identify the ways in which we are diverse; understand both the challenges and the opportunities of a diverse workforce; help avoid discrimination and harassment in the workplace; and follow the laws and the organization’s policy regarding workplace diversity and discrimination.
Why “Workplace Diversity for Employees” Matters:
In order to create a pleasant and productive working atmosphere, we all need to do our part to promote a respectful workplace. That’s what this training session is all about and why it is important to you, your coworkers, and the organization.
- Diversity respects the differences of other people.
- Diversity encourages new ideas and perspectives in the workplace.
- Diversity promotes fairness and equality.
- Diversity allows everyone to contribute and share in success.
- Diversity helps create a stronger, more unified, and more successful organization that will benefit everyone.