As much as you try to prevent them, accidents at work happen. No matter what kind of accident you may be faced with at work, one of the most important things you can do after it happens is to investigate it and learn from the experience so it doesn’t happen again. This training session will cover everything you need to know about investigating accidents.
Why “Accident Investigation (Multimedia)” Matters:
Experts say that 11 workers die on the job every day in the United States—and an additional 5 million are injured over the course of 1 year.
After every accident or incident, it’s important to thoroughly investigate why it happened.
Develop a plan and know what to include in it.
Proper accident investigation procedures will help prevent future accidents.
- Accidents are preventable events.
- All incidents and accidents should be investigated as soon as they occur.
- Accident investigations help you get to the root cause so they can be prevented in the future.
- Investigations will include interviewing witnesses, collecting facts, and writing a report.
- And remember, accident investigations are an important tool to help you keep your workplace safe. Take them seriously, and always keep safety first.