Recent events surrounding workplace shootings remind us how vulnerable we all are. All it takes is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, there are measures you can take to not only limit the damage but also save precious lives both before and during these traumatic incidents. Because most incidents are over within minutes, you need to be prepared to react to the situation with speed. Quick decisions could mean the difference between life and death.
Why “Active Shooter On-Site: What Every Employee Should Do (Multimedia) (Spanish)” Matters:
- Preparation is the best tool to keep you safe and potentially save the lives of others.
- Knowing how to react can save your life and the lives of your coworkers.
- Knowing what to expect will help you assist law enforcement officials as they work to stop an active shooter and eliminate the threat.
- Active shooter events can happen anywhere, anytime.
- Identify the common characteristics of an active shooter.
Recognize the warning signs of potential violence.
Determine the safest way to respond to an active shooter event.
React appropriately when law enforcement arrives on the scene.
Provide effective post-event assistance.
Recognize the importance of a workplace emergency action plan, or EAP.