This online back safety training course in Spanish will help Spanish-speaking employees and employers alike to understand how back injuries occur and how to prevent them. The course highlights proper lifting, load carrying, and unloading techniques and tips to encourage thinking about back safety at work. This back safety training course discusses one of the most common workplace injuries and what can be done to help prevent back injuries. The course provides Spanish training on the many ways back injuries occur, as well as what can be done to prevent injuries on the job.
Why “Back Safety in Spanish (Ergonomics Training)” Matters:
- Back injuries are among the most frequent workplace injuries and cost employers billions of dollars every year.
- Back injuries are the second most common cause of days away from work, next to the common cold. U.S. workers lose an average of 7 workdays per year due to back injuries.
- Twenty percent of all workplace injuries and illnesses each year are related to back injuries.
- Once your back is injured, it is more likely to be reinjured. This makes training employees in back injury prevention a priority.
- Back injuries need to be treated carefully to avoid having a constant problem.
- In addition to missing work, an even worse result of back injuries can be a lifetime of constant pain.
Simple precautions can increase back injury prevention. Here are a few key points from the traning session:
- Always maintain good posture when standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and simply moving about.
- Try to get exercise regularly to keep your back in good condition.
- Use lifting equipment rather than trying to lift something manually.
- Have a plan in mind before you lift and transport any object.
- When lifting or unloading an object, use your legs rather than your back; bend at the knees when you lift or unload.
- Finally, always be thinking about your back and what you should be doing to lift and carry safely without risking a serious injury.