Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Logs
The main objective of this CMV driver logs session is to provide you with the information you need to complete the daily driver’s log fully and correctly. By the time the session is over, you should be able to identify and make a record of duty status requirements; complete the daily log correctly; log changes of duty status accurately on the grid; and retain and submit logs in a timely manner.
Course Duration: 16 minutes
Why “Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Logs” Matters:
It is important that you are able to provide the information you need daily to complete the daily logs fully and correctly. You will need to:
- Identify record of duty status requirements;
- Complete the daily log correctly;
- Log changes of duty status accurately on the grid; and
- Retain and submit logs in a timely manner.
- The hours-of-service (HOS) rule requires interstate CMV drivers to keep a record of duty status of each 24-hour period;
- Daily logs must be neat, complete, accurate, and current;
- Logs for the previous 7 consecutive days must be kept in your vehicle for inspection;
- Short-haul drivers may be exempt from HOS logging requirements.