Communication Between All Ages in the Workplace
The main objective of this session is to help you communicate better with all generations in your workplace. By the time it’s over, you’ll understand what makes your fellow employees “tick” and be able to identify some of their characteristics; understand and respect your cross-generational coworkers; recognize some bad habits that could be creating conflict; enhance your communication skills on the job; and become familiar with some techniques to help you communicate better.
Why “Communication Between All Ages in the Workplace” Matters:
The blending of the generations in the workplace creates a new dynamic in communication and collaboration. Each generation responds to rules, terminology, technology, and constraints differently. These differences can lead to misunderstandings and difficulty getting along with one another. All employees can benefit from guidance on communicating across generations—for your benefit and for the benefit of others.
- Recognize bad habits, and practice good ones.
- Expand your horizons. Find out what makes your younger and older coworkers “tick.” Appreciate your differences, and open your mind to see new perspectives.
- Show respect, and you will be respected.
- Think about how you address your multigenerational coworkers, and practice effective approaches.
- Always listen and be a team player.