This course focuses on the skills required for effective communication on the job. Communication is the process by which people create and share information, and ideas with one another in order to reach mutual understanding and get work done. Effective communication in the workplace is therefore the foundation of positive and cooperative working relationships and productive, successful performance.
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Enhance their communication skills
- Communicate more effectively on the job.
Why “Communication Skills for Employees” Matters:
|Good communication between you and your coworkers and your boss ensures that you have access to information you need to do your job well. It promotes consistency: It keeps everyone on the same page when it comes to procedures and work rules. It also ensures better quality: When everyone is communicating, mistakes and errors are avoided and standards are met. It ensures greater safety: Your supervisor explains safety hazards and precautions; and you can alert coworkers to hazards. It helps the business: Good communication with customers helps increase customer satisfaction, which is essential for keeping the organization competitive and profitable.|
• Effective communication is the foundation of positive working relationships.
• Successful communication requires you to think about your message, delivery, timing, and audience.
• Good communication is interactive—you speak and you listen.