The main purpose of this online safety defensive driving training course is to teach Spanish-speaking employees about defensive driving techniques so that they can be safe behind the wheel and avoid accidents. By the time this session is over, Spanish-speaking employees will be able to identify driving hazards, understand defensive driving techniques, and use defensive driving techniques to prevent accidents and injuries on the road and while at work.
Why “Defensive Driving for Noncommercial Motorists (Spanish)” Matters:
- Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of accidental death in the United States. They are also the number one cause of work-related fatalities.
- A person dies in a crash on U.S. roads every 11 minutes.
- In fact, motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of death in the United States—more than cancer or heart attacks.
- One in four work fatalities involves a motor vehicle accident.
These statistics are cause for concern. They also provide the explanation for this safety training session in Spanish. We don’t want your employees to become a statistic.
- Know the driving hazards you can face on the road;
- Maintain your vehicle in good condition;
- Always wear a seat belt;
- Follow traffic rules and obey signs and signals;
- Be a safe and defensive driver every day; and
- Know how to respond to an accident.