Diversity in the workplace means having a group of employees with a wide range of different backgrounds in terms of race, age, gender, and other characteristics. This online diversity training course will teach employees to support diversity in the organization. At the end of the training session, you will be able to identify how we are diverse, understand the challenges and opportunities of workplace diversity, help avoid discrimination, and follow company policy.
Why “Diversity for All Employees” Matters:
- Today’s American workforce includes nearly one-third who are minorities, nearly one-half who are women, and more than 10 percent who are aged 55 or older.
- By the year 2020, the percentage of minorities in the workforce is projected to go up to more than 40 percent, and the percentage of older workers is expected to go up, as well.
- Finally, by the year 2050, nearly half of the workforce is expected to be minorities, and the percentage of workers over the age of 55 will increase to almost 20 percent.
- Diversity respects the differences among other people.
- Diversity encourages new ideas and perspectives on doing your work.
- Diversity promotes fairness, and fairness allows everyone to contribute and share in success.
- Diversity helps create a stronger, more unified, and more successful organization that will benefit everyone.