In an industry where decisions can mean the difference between life and death, the excessive turnover rate that often plagues the healthcare industry is a serious problem. Today, we’ll discuss how your facility can beat that trend by reducing turnover and increasing employee morale. You’ll learn what causes high turnover and why it’s bad for your organization. You’ll also learn how to retain great employees and simple ways to keep them happy and engaged.
Why “Employee Retention and Morale for Healthcare Administrators” Matters:
- Excessive turnover is a serious and costly problem.
- In general, high turnover can be directly related to job satisfaction.
- As conditions get worse and employees become frustrated with the stressful working conditions, morale drops and high turnover can cause even more turnover.
- The key to making your staff happy is to proactively look for ways to keep your staff engaged.
- Avoiding turnover by successfully attracting, hiring, training, and retaining great healthcare employees must be one of your top priorities.
- Without good, qualified employees, the costs can be immense, particularly when those costs trickle down to your patients, their families, and the community.
- The cause of high turnover can often be directly related to employee satisfaction and happiness.
- A good retention strategy should include methods of attracting good employees, getting them off to a comfortable start, and knowing how to keep them happy, satisfied, and productive.
- Employees stay engaged when they see that their work matters and are shown empathy for the hard work they do.
- When looking for ways to boost morale, understand that it’s the little things that matter. Use the skills we’ve outlined in this training session, and plan ways to cut stress by having fun.