Event Planning Basics
The main objective of this session is to provide you with information that will help you successfully plan events. By the time the session is over, you will be able to identify basic elements in the planning process; employ effective planning strategies; overcome problems; and plan successful events.
Course Duration: 26 minutes
Why “Event Planning Basics” Matters:
Here’s what successful event planners would tell you:
- “Without a solid plan, your event might not turn out as you hoped.”
- “Staging an event involves so many activities and they must all come together perfectly for a successful event.”
- “When you’re planning an event, you’re under the gun. There isn’t much room or time for mistakes, so you have to get it all right the first time.”
- “The reputation and success of your organization depend on positive event outcomes. So do your own reputation and career success.”
- All your events can turn out successfully if you plan well.
- Effective planning takes into account all the elements that must come together to produce an event.
- A strong team can help you manage issues and overcome problems.
- Conducting a self-evaluation after each event can help improve performance and create more successful events.