Regular exercise is an excellent way to gain and maintain good health throughout your life. In fact, increasing your physical activity level may be one of the best, and simplest, things you can do for yourself. This session will cover how to make fitness a healthy habit that lasts—and improves—your lifetime.
Why “Fitness for Everyone” Matters:
- The relative risk of coronary heart disease associated with physical inactivity is comparable to that observed for high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, or smoking.Even moderate amounts of regular physical activity can bring definite health benefits by reducing the risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other ailments, according to the U.S. Surgeon General.
Benefits for employers include enhanced employee productivity; improved healthcare costs management; decreased rates of illness and injuries; and reduced employee absenteeism.
Benefits for employees include lower levels of stress; increased well-being, self-image, and self-esteem; improved physical fitness; increased stamina; and potential weight reduction.
This online fitness for everyone course addresses the benefits of fitness, and provides tips and tactics to help trainees start improving fitness levels today. By the end of this session, trainees will learn:
- Benefits of increasing physical activity level;
- Fundamentals of fitness;
- How to get started and choose a program;
- Rudiments of strength training;
- Some alternative approaches to fitness; and
- When and what to eat for optimal fitness.