The main objective of this session is to make sure you know how to keep your food service establishment clean and sanitary. By the time the session is over, you should be able to understand why cleanliness and sanitation are essential in food service, maintain good personal hygiene, identify the characteristics of a clean and sanitary food service establishment, know what to clean and sanitize and how to do it, and prevent pest infestations.
Why “Food Service Sanitation” Matters:
- Failure to maintain good sanitation throughout your establishment can result in foodborne illness caused by contamination of food or drink from unclean conditions.
- Proper sanitation is required by state and local regulations. Poor sanitation can result in health code violations, which could lead to costly fines or even having your establishment shut down until the violations are fixed.
- Finally, an establishment that does not pay proper attention to sanitation is likely to lose customers.
- Food service establishments are required to be kept clean and sanitary by law to prevent foodborne illness.
- You play a critical role in making sure that your establishment is clean and sanitary at all times.
- Take cleaning responsibilities seriously, follow required procedures and schedules, and do a good job.