The main objective of this session is to make sure you, as a construction worker, know the broad scope of gas safety and what is required to comply with the law. By the time the session is over, you will understand why gas safety is important, what the OSHA standards are, procedures to stay safe when working with gas, and your responsibilities for gas safety.
Why “Gas Safety for Construction Workers-Spanish” Matters:
- Workers exposed to high concentrations of certain gases can be susceptible to laryngitis, bronchitis, and pulmonary edema, among other illnesses.
- CO2 is a particularly dangerous gas because it is odorless, making it even more dangerous because it is hard to detect.
- Spirometrytests are commonly used to diagnose lung conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, and other problems.
- The dangers of gas.
- How to use respiratory devices.
- How to use face and eye protection.
- The proper handling and storing methods of gas.
- The dangers of CO2.
- That you should take spirometrybreathing tests regularly.
- Know fire safety protocols.