Effective customer complaint handling is one of the most important aspects of providing excellent customer service. Customers who complain are offering the organization a chance to identify and resolve problems, demonstrate excellent service, and keep loyal customers. The objective of this online customer service training course is to help employees handle customer complaints and difficult customers successfully. At the end of this training course, trainees will be able to view customer complaints as opportunities, identify problems that prompt complaints, handle complaints effectively, and satisfy customers who complain.
Why “Handling Customer Complaints” Matters:
- Customer complaints alert organizations to ways to improve products, services, procedures, and attitudes toward customers.
- Resolving customer complaints successfully often creates loyal customers.
- Almost all customer complaints are fixable. It’s estimated that 95% of customers that have their complaints resolved will remain customers and keep doing business with the organization.
- Only about 4% of customers complain. Most—96%—just silently take their business elsewhere.
- Dissatisfied customers tell as many as 20 other people about their experience.
- Customer complaints offer opportunities to improve products and services.
- All customer complaints should be taken seriously.
- Customer complaints must be fully understood.
- More often than not, customer complaints can be resolved.
- Follow-up is critical to ensure the customer is satisfied.