When you have completed this training session, you will understand federal guidelines for container storage of hazardous waste at generating facilities; recognize and be ready to follow safe practices for managing hazardous waste containers; understand why it is important to segregate certain hazardous wastes; know what to look for in inspecting hazardous waste areas at the facility, and know more about how to minimize wastes.
Why “Hazardous Waste Container Management” Matters:
- Container management is an important part of a system for handling hazardous wastes safely, while protecting the environment and the health and well-being of workers and of the public.
- Working with hazardous waste containers means one must understand federal guidelines for container storage of hazardous waste at generating facilities
- Understanding why it is important to segregate certain wastes is an essential to proper hazardous waste management.
- Knowing what to look for in inspecting hazardous waste areas at the facility ensures the area’s security.
- Practicing proper waste container management helps minimize hazardous waste.
- Understand the process of waste segregation by hazardous classes.
- Become familiar with the processes of storage area inspection and maintenance.
- Understand what you can do to practice and enforce waste minimization.