Hazardous Waste: Health Effects
Today, we’re going to talk about the health effects of hazardous waste. Hazardous wastes are composed of substances that can be harmful to your health. Exposure to some hazardous wastes can cause serious illness, injury, or even death. However, these materials can be handled and disposed of safely if proper procedures are carefully followed. This training session will introduce you to the hazards of hazardous wastes and the steps to take to prevent harmful exposures. With adequate information about hazardous waste, you can minimize risks and protect your health on the job.
Course Duration: 26 minutes
Why “Hazardous Waste: Health Effects” Matters:
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Identify hazardous wastes at your facility
- Understand how hazardous wastes can enter your body
- Find information on the dangers of the waste at your facility
- Recognize symptoms of hazardous waste overexposure
- Protect yourself with PPE and proper hygiene and decontamination practices
- Health effects of hazardous waste can be very serious, even deadly.
- You must understand the risks and the precautions you need to take to protect your health on the job.
- PPE is an essential protection against hazardous waste health hazards.
- Safe hygiene practices and decontamination procedures must also be followed to protect health.