This session is about safely and correctly working around hazardous wastes. It covers the basics of hazardous waste management for all workers who handle hazardous wastes.
Course Duration: 24 minutes
Why “Hazardous Waste Introductory Training” Matters:
- Employees should be able to characterize hazardous wastes.
- It is important for employees to be able to identify appropriate waste containers for storing and shipping hazardous waste, know how to properly label the containers for shipment, and properly store them.
- Employees should know how to properly inspect waste-storage areas.
- Reading hazardous waste manifests and knowing how to properly ship hazardous waste is vital for its transportation.
- Employees must know how to protect themselves from hazardous waste.
- Employees must know how to respond to hazardous waste-related emergencies.
- Hazardous wastes are ignitable, corrosive, reactive, and/or toxic.
- Waste codes F, K, P, and U characterize waste at a glance.
- Use only approved containers and tanks in good condition.
- Always label containers and tanks.
- Inspect storage areas.
- Wear appropriate PPE.