By the time the session is over, you should be able to understand the purpose of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, identify covered entities, determine basic requirements of the rule, follow policies and procedures to protect patients’ health information, and use the HIPAA Privacy Rule to protect your own health information.
Why “HIPAA Privacy Rule: What Healthcare Workers Need to Know” Matters:
We know keeping your organization in compliance is one of your top priorities. The HIPAA Privacy Rule: What Healthcare Workers Need to Know course can give employees the information they need to stay up to date.
- HIPAA is a federal law that limits the ability of a new employer plan to exclude coverage for preexisting conditions.
- HIPAA provides additional opportunities to enroll in a group health plan if you lose other coverage or experience certain life events.
- HIPAA prohibits discrimination against employees and their dependent family members based on any health factors they may have, including prior medical conditions, previous claims experience, and genetic information.
- HIPAA protects the privacy of your medical records and other personal health information.
- HIPAA gives you greater access to and control over your information.