A hazmat is a substance that can endanger the life or health of you or others and can damage your facility or the environment. In this session, we’ll discuss how to recognize and identify hazmat to help you protect the environment, your facility, and the health and life of you and others around you.
- Understand toxicology terms and explain hazmat risks
- Identify types of hazmat and their classification
- Recognize information on product labels and placard symbols
- Remember how SDSs and other guides are used to identify hazmat
- Implement precautionary measures to prevent spills and be prepared to respond