Interviewing Skills for Supervisors
This session is about interviewing skills. After you’ve screened résumés and applications, conducting face-to-face interviews is the next essential step to help you determine which of the qualified candidates is actually the best person for the job. You need to know how to plan and conduct effective interviews in order to learn all you possibly can about job candidates so that you can make the best hiring decisions.
Course Duration: 26 minutes
Why “Interviewing Skills for Supervisors” Matters:
- Interviews give you an opportunity to meet job candidates face to face.
- They help you assess candidates’ strengths, weaknesses, and suitability for the job.
- And they provide you with the information you need for making the best hiring decisions.
- State and federal fair employment laws prohibit discrimination in hiring based on any protected characteristic, including race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, or disability. The laws apply to all job interviews.
- This organization is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Our EEO policy prohibits discrimination in the hiring process, including in job interviews.
- Recognize legal and policy issues related to interviewing
- Identify styles and types of interviews
- Plan an effective interview strategy
- Develop good interview questions
- Conduct successful interviews
- Take precautions to prevent discrimination