New Supervisors’ Guide to Effective Supervision
You’ve been promoted to supervisor. It’s a big job with important responsibilities. Today we’re going to talk about how you can meet those responsibilities successfully and excel as a supervisor. We’ll focus on 14 key areas in which all new supervisors must become fully competent in order to perform their jobs well and prepare for advancement.
Course Duration: 21 minutes
Why “New Supervisors’ Guide to Effective Supervision” Matters:
- For many new supervisors, one of the most difficult parts of assuming their new job is making the transition from being just one of the group to being the leader of the group, from being a buddy to a boss.
- Delegation, motivation, training, and the many other new responsibilities that come with supervision can be learned and improved.
- Making the transition from member of the group to leader of the group can be difficult.
- You need to develop a variety of new skills and build new relationships.
- Remember that your success depends on “growing” employees as well as on developing greater personal competence.
- With time, effort, and experience, you can become an outstanding supervisor.