Permit-Required Confined Space Rescue for Supervisors—Spanish
The main objective of this session is to review the requirements for successful confined space rescue operations. By the time the session is over, you will be able to recognize confined space hazards; plan for rescues; evaluate rescue services; differentiate among types of rescues; train and equip a rescue team; and identify the phases of a rescue operation.
Course Duration: 25 minutes
Why “Permit-Required Confined Space Rescue for Supervisors—Spanish” Matters:
- Every year, hundreds of incidents lead to numerous fatalities.
- Many confined space fatalities occur among rescuers.
- Most failed rescues result from improper planning, inadequate training, and insufficient manpower to carry out an effective rescue.
- OSHA requires you to plan for confined space rescues.
- You must identify all the potential hazards of your confined spaces.
- You must make sure that the designated rescue team is properly trained and equipped to make successful rescues.
- Rescue teams must conduct practice drills at least once a year.