This safety training module is for attendants at permit-required confined spaces where construction work is performed, including building new structures or upgrading existing ones. An attendant is stationed outside a permit-required confined space to monitor the entrant, conditions inside the space, prevent unauthorized entry, and summon rescuers when needed.
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Identify confined space hazards
- Recall the responsibilities of a confined space attendant
- Select appropriate communication procedures
- Recognize dangerous conditions
- Determine the appropriate rescue procedure in an emergency