This safety training module is for entrants at permit-required confined spaces where construction work is performed, including building new structures or upgrading existing ones.
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Define the characteristics of a confined space and permit-required confined space.
- Recognize the hazards of confined space entry, including the mode, symptoms, and consequences of exposure to hazards.
- Describe the safe practices for testing, monitoring, ventilation, communication, and other tasks necessary for safe entry and exit.
- Identify appropriate personal protective equipment, or PPE.
- Recall the methods to communicate with the attendant during entry and about dangerous situations or conditions.
- Describe the indicators to evacuate the confined space and the methods to evacuate safely.