Portable Power Tool Safety—Spanish
This training session discusses safety when using portable power tools. As we will see, using portable power tools can be hazardous if you do not use them safely, but there are a number of safety guidelines you can follow to prevent injuries.
Course Duration: 23 minutes
Why “Portable Power Tool Safety—Spanish” Matters:
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the unique hazards of operating different portable power tools
- Follow safe operating procedures that reduce the risk of injury
- Use and adjust tool guards effectively and correctly
- Demonstrate hazard recognition and correction of unsafe conditions
- Don’t use any tool that appears to be damaged or unsafe.
- Make sure all blades, nip points, and moving parts are properly guarded.
- Electrically powered tools should be used only with power cords that are in good condition and properly grounded.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the tool—eye and face protection, hearing protection, and safety shoes.
- If you’re not sure how to use a power tool properly, don’t guess—read the instructions, or ask a supervisor.
- Never lift or carry an electric power tool by the cord.
- Remember that OSHA requires employers to make sure that power tools brought from home meet the same safety requirements as those supplied at work.