PPE Training for Emergency Response
Personal protective equipment (PPE) provides a barrier between you and the hazards of your job. The right PPE, properly used and maintained, can protect you from the hazards involved in the emergency response tasks you perform—and it can help ensure that you are able to go home safe and healthy at the end of your shift. But for PPE to protect you properly in emergency situations, you have to know how to select the right equipment for the job, understand its capabilities and limitations, use it properly, and remove it safely. We’ll discuss all these important issues and more in this training session.
Course Duration: 24 minutes
Why “PPE Training for Emergency Response” Matters:
- Employees need to know how to select proper PPE for different hazards in different emergency response procedures.
- Evaluating PPE performance and control for PPE-related hazards such as heat stress ensures proper PPE use and worker safety.
- Knowing what level of protection is necessary when you enter a spill area ensures your own safety.
- Anyone using PPE needs to understand how it is properly used, maintained, and stored.
- Following safe decontamination procedures prevents exposure to hazardous substances.
- Be aware of hazards related to the particular emergency response procedure you perform.
- Understand the different levels of protection required for different levels of hazards.
- Know which PPE to use, when to use it, how to use it, and how to maintain it.
- Inspect PPE before each use.
- Understand the importance of following proper decontamination procedures.