In the construction industry, dangerous fuels such as oil and gasoline are materials handled every day. Understanding their hazards and taking precautions when handling, dispensing, and storing them can save lives. This online course focuses on refueling equipment safety.
Course Duration: 36 minutes
Why “Refueling Equipment—Spanish” Matters:
- Improper fueling techniques can have deadly consequences. Vapors from these liquids can ignite with explosive force from no more than a spark.
- Fuel spills resulting from poor refueling procedures can cause needless damage to the environment.
- Inhalation of gasoline fumes from improper refueling can cause nausea, dizziness, headaches, and loss of coordination.
- Once ignited, fires from liquid fuels can be very difficult to extinguish, as they often spread quickly.
- In the construction industry, dangerous fuels such as oil and gasoline are materials handled every day. Understanding their hazards and taking precautions when handling, dispensing, and storing them can save lives.
- Know why liquid fuels can cause life-threatening situations, and know how to prevent them.
- Take the time to learn about the fuels that you work with and know how to safely handle them.
- Respect the process of refueling—always work thoughtfully and carefully.
- Practice safe procedures when it comes to storing, handling, and dispensing the fuels that you use.
- Understand the importance of preventing and reacting to costly spills.
- Know how to respond to emergencies if they occur, such as fires or contamination.
- Always adhere to OSHA regulations, which are in place to ensure a safe work environment.