Sexual Harassment—What Employees Need to Know
This online sexual harassment training course will teach employees about sexual harassment in the hope that awareness will help lead to the prevention of such harassment. By the end of this session, employees will have learned to be able to recognize sexual harassment; differentiate between the two main kinds of harassment; understand and follow company policy; report incidents; cooperate in investigations; and help promote and maintain a comfortable, productive working environment.
Course Duration: 17 minutes
Why “Sexual Harassment—What Employees Need to Know” Matters:
- About 70% of women and 20% of men have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace.
- There are about 15,000 cases of sexual harassment filed each year in the United States.
- These charges cost U.S. companies almost $40 million each year.
- The number of complaints filed by men has more than tripled in recent years, indicating this is not just a woman’s problem.
- Sexual harassment is prohibited, both by law and by workplace policy.
- Sexual harassment involves more than just physical conduct; it can also be verbal or visual.
- Sexual harassment harms us all because it takes away from having a respectful, dignified, and comfortable work environment.
- You have the power to help prevent sexual harassment.
- Know the workplace’s policy, and do your part to confront sexual harassment, report incidents, and support victims.