The main objective of this session is to help you prevent slips, trips, and falls among the employees you supervise. By the time this session is over, you should be able to identify slip, trip, and fall hazards in the workplace; eliminate slip, trip, and falls hazards in work areas you supervise; prevent falls on stairs and from ladders; help employees prevent slips, trips, and falls outdoors and at home; and teach employees how to minimize injuries if they fall.
Why “Slips, Trips, and Falls: What Supervisors Need to Know” Matters:
Slips, trips, and falls are one of the most common workplace accidents and on-the-job injuries. Although some of these injuries are minor, others are severe and disabling. Some workers are killed every year on the job as a result of falls. This is a serious safety issue for any supervisor—one that you must recognize and control. Fortunately, slips, trips, and falls are largely preventable, and there’s a lot you and your employees can do to prevent them.
- Recognize the impact of slips, trips, and falls in the workplace.
- Inspect work areas and eliminate slip, trip, and fall hazards.
- Train employees to recognize and avoid slip, trip, and fall hazards on the job.
- Help employees prevent slips, trips, and falls outdoors and at home.
- Report and investigate slip, trip, and fall incidents.