The main objective of this session is to teach you about student workers and how to supervise them properly. In this training module, we will go over what student workers are and what their work might entail, why they are important and, most importantly, how to supervise them.
Why “Supervising Student Workers” Matters:
- Students who work on campus develop skills relevant to many majors and gain necessary experience for the competitive job markets.
- The financial burden of college haunts many students who enroll. Student work can help ease that burden by offering paying jobs as part of their financial package.
- The jobs on campus are real jobs. They affect the day-to-day operations of departments and quality of service to students, families, and staff.
- Student workers are essential and must be supervised properly.
- Communication is key, and there are many different aspects to make it effective.
- Proper motivation is needed to be successful.
- Any problems or potential problems that arise need to be solved quickly.