Violence in the Workplace: How to Prevent and Defuse for Supervisors
This online violence in the workplace training course will help managers and supervisors identify the causes of workplace violence, spot the signs of potential violence, follow required security procedures, respond effectively to violent acts, and recognize and respond to terrorist threats.
Course Duration: 28 minutes
Why “Violence in the Workplace: How to Prevent and Defuse for Supervisors” Matters:
- One-sixth of violent crimes occur in the workplace. There are over 1.5 million incidents a year.
- Violence is the second leading cause of workplace deaths. Three workers die each day. Guns are involved in 80 percent of deaths.
- As many as 18,000 people are assaulted at work each week.
- Violence costs American industry millions in lost productivity, legal fees, and other related expenses every year.
- And, certain types of jobs pose a higher risk for violence, including those where employees handle cash, work alone, work late-night or early morning hours, work in high-crime areas, guard valuables, or work in community settings.
- Workplace violence can take many forms and has numerous causes.
- Keep alert to signs of potential violence and take immediate action when you recognize them.
- And, make sure to follow security procedures and encourage employees to do likewise.