Working Safely Around Heavy Equipment—Spanish
A construction site is an inherently dangerous workplace. You must pay attention not only to what you are doing but also to what other workers around you are doing. The main goal of this session is to help you understand how important it is to work safely near heavy equipment. At the end of the session, you will be able to understand the leading causes of heavy equipment-related accidents, identify dangers associated with heavy equipment, discuss what OSHA regulations say about working safely on or near heavy equipment, and learn basic precautions to stay safe on the worksite.
Course Duration: 21 minutes
Why “Working Safely Around Heavy Equipment—Spanish” Matters:
- The fatal injury rate for construction is higher than the national average for all industries.
- Struck-by accidents are considered a major cause of injury when working near or with heavy equipment.
- Each type of vehicle has its own blind areas, but there are common precautions employers and workers can take to stay safe.
- Pay attention to the leading causes of heavy equipment-related accidents.
- Identify and avoid dangers associated with heavy equipment.
- Follow your employer’s safety program to work safely on or near heavy equipment.
- Take basic precautions to stay safe on the worksite.