Today we’re going to talk about harassment in the workplace. Harassment is a disturbing problem that hurts not only victims but also everyone else in the workplace. There are many forms of harassment that violate the law and our company’s policy. One of the most common forms of harassment is sexual harassment. But today, we’re going to talk about harassment on the job that’s based on a person’s race, color, religion, or national or ethnic origin.
Why “Workplace Harassment: What Employees Need to Know (Spanish)” Matters:
• Understand why workplace harassment is a problem;
• Identify the requirements of fair employment laws and company policies;
• Recognize signs of workplace harassment;
• Follow proper reporting procedures and cooperate with harassment investigations; and
• Understand how you can help maintain a fair and professional workplace.